Connect with us

LOCAL NEWS

Tinubu makes new promises regarding Lekki Outburst

Published

on

Earlier this week, Tinubu has issued a statement to keep the youth calm, while speaking he assures the Nigerian youths that the future proceeds from Lekki toll gate will be donated to victims of late endSARS protest in Lagos.

Read his statement below :

“Today, I speak to those who believe in the importance of, and want to know, the truth,” Tinubu said.

“The slander aimed at me is based on the untruth that I own the toll gate concession. The hate mongers prevaricate that I ordered the Lekki assault because the protests had caused me to lose money due to the interruption of toll gate activity,” Tinubu said.

“The toll gate is a public asset. Given what has happened, I would like to propose to the government that the toll gate be left closed for an indefinite period.

“If it is reopened, revenues should be donated to the confirmed victims of the Lekki attack as well as to other identifiable victims of police brutality in Lagos.

“Let government use the money to compensate and take care of those who have lost life or limb in the struggle for all citizens to go about the quiet, peaceful enjoyment of life without fear of undue harassment at this or that checkpoint,” he said.

“Although equipped with prior notice of the imminent trespass, I did not call anyone to seek or request for the army or police to deploy let alone attack, kill, or injure those who razed and vandalized these properties.

“I did not want any bloodshed. These elements, mostly hirelings of my political opponents, wreaked their havoc and destroyed those buildings and facilities and I thank God that the employees of these two media institutions managed to escape largely unharmed,” he said.

”In good opinion, it is illogical that he allowed damage to his investments but ordered: “soldiers to repel peaceful protesters from the toll gate where I have no financial interest”.

“Why would I be so moved as to instigate the army to attack peaceful, law-abiding people at the toll gate where I have no pecuniary stake, yet lift not a single finger to stop hired miscreants bent on setting fire to these important media investments?”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Foreign

Nigerian Youths begins the second wave of #EndSARS

Published

on

By

Earlier today on Twitter, Nigerian Youths sent another clear message to the Federal Government about resuming the massive protest.

we have gathered various reactions from the youths regarding the second wave of #endsars.

Read Tweets Below:

 

 

Continue Reading

LOCAL NEWS

FG Prepares to engage over 17,000 youths in rabbit farming

Published

on

By

The Executive Secretary, National Agricultural Land Development Authority (NALDA), Paul Ikonne, has made this known  at a media parley in Abuja, on Wednesday, December 2 where he explained that government would provide animal, cage, vaccine and training for them.

According to him,  he said “We are engaging our youths into rabbit farming, NALDA has designed a program to take in 17,000 rabbit farmers especially in the south, and we have commenced the engagement in some states.

All our programs are in phases, in this first phase, Imo, Abia, Cross River and Oyo States have received rabbits and young farmers have been engaged into rabbit farming.

From the meat, the hide, which is the skin, the dungs and the urine, they are all money-making machine.

The program is very simple, from the first day the farmer start rearing rabbits, they start making money from that day, from the collection of the urine to the collection of the dungs which will be used as fertilizer, their money will keep accumulating, at the end of the month, we’ll pay them based on the litres and kilogram of what they have submitted to NALDA office at their various states before the off-takers take it.

At least the average of N100,000 a month somebody will be making from rearing rabbits from all these products, and you can see the level it will get to cater for families and homes, so it is something we have engaged in, and we will keep expanding.”

Continue Reading

LOCAL NEWS

Presidency dismisses report about collecting illegal funds from Ogun state Government

Published

on

By

After several accusations and speculations on President Buhari collecting bribe from Ogun State Government, His office has reacted to the news story.

According to them, They regarded the news as ” Fake” and an item to spoil the president image

In the words of the presidency, they said confidently”Fake news industry at work. A certain document showing the transfer of N12,500,000 from the Coffers of the Ogun State to a “PMB Estate” is being circulated to tarnish the image of President Muhammadu Buhari.

The President Muhammadu Buhari (PMB) Estate is a large housing scheme in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital. It was commissioned by President Buhari in the course of a State visit.

PMB Estate is owned by the Ogun State government, which honoured the President by naming it after him of cause that does not confer the ownership of the Estate to President Buhari.

The gossipy online newspaper, peddling the falsehood that the President, Muhammadu Buhari, the tried and tested anti-corruption fighter is the beneficiary of this cash transfer should be ignored.

Before his election as civilian President, Muhammadu Buhari was a military pensioner and had never registered a company in his name or that of a proxy.

To set the record straight, we spoke with the official who posted the clarification of the payment voucher on Twitter. He worked with the Governor Amosun administration. He confirmed that the payment was made from the Ogun State Revenue Account to The PMB Estate Account for some work done on the Estate. Absolutely nothing to do with President Muhammadu Buhari.”

Continue Reading

Trending